Responsible to: ACADEMY DIRECTOR
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, with remote oversight of St. George, Utah; Tanzania,
Africa; and Liverpool, England
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
The General Manager will be responsible for providing ‘rigorous and responsible day-to-day leadership and strategic direction to the not-for-profit youth soccer club based in Salt Lake City, Utah. The role encompasses overseeing a passionate, diverse team in multiple locations, manging day-to-day staff administration. It also involves taking financial responsibility for controlling costs, managing budgets, and driving growth by increasing team/player counts and engaging sponsors/partners. We’re looking for a candidate who buys into and can become an ambassador, within the company, for our values of excellence, tenacity, honor, innovation, community, and sacrifice. In addition, the General Manager will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient operation and well-being of staff, coaches, players, and parents, with remote management responsibilities for locations in St. George, Utah; Tanzania, Africa; and Liverpool, England.
- Develop and manage the annual budget, ensuring fiscal responsibility and
- Identify potential funding sources, grants, and partnerships to support the
club’s financial sustainability.
- Provide effective leadership to a diverse team, fostering a collaborative
and inclusive work environment.
- Oversee recruitment, training, and development of staff, coaches, and
- Develop and implement strategies to increase team and player counts,
both locally and in remote locations.
- Foster partnerships and collaborations to expand the club’s reach and
Operations and Well-being:
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the club, with a focus on
maintaining high standards of service.
- Prioritize the well-being of staff, coaches, players, and parents by
implementing support programs and resources.
Remote Location Management:
- Provide leadership and guidance to remote locations in St. George, Utah;
Tanzania, Africa; and Liverpool, England.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration across geographical
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Sports Management, or a related
field (master’s preferred), though not required. Experience matters, show us what
you have done.
Proven experience in executive leadership roles, preferably within the sports or
Strong financial acumen and experience in budget development and
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage
Demonstrated success in team and organizational growth.
Experience managing and working with state soccer association bodies.
An entrepreneurial mindset will be helpful, working with minimal supervision.
Must be able to travel internationally on a regular basis, to our Liverpool, UK, and
An enthusiastic approach to growing tournaments and soccer camps as a
significant business division
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Additionally, the organization offers competitive benefits, including health insurance,
retirement plans, extensive vacation, and professional development opportunities,
including international professional development.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and
three professional references to [email protected].
Please include “General Manager Application” in the subject line.